Saturday, January 16, 2010

excerpt from letter dated Jan 15 2010

....We Love and miss you guys. On the 25th (of January) morning I head off to the Jungle with Ps Eric and othes, someone is flying in from Sprignfield, we will be going to a village  Probably leave about  4 am drive to a remote town Pensiangang (to get there we have to drive across thre rivers (about 2 feet plus deep, from there we walk (climb) over a mountain--they said quite high ((when they say it is quite high- you can believe it is high--the villagers say it is about a 6 hour going through the jungle, then stay in a little village overnight and another  4 to 6 hours to reach this new village of Kaubu (over near the border to Indonesia (Kalimantan)  then small boat down river to (across the Indonesian border) to a small viallge, hold a day of two meetings there, then in the boat again to go up to village of Silinatang  (Kampong Silinatang)  for a night meetings and then in a larger boat (4 to 6 people) to Pensianggang to ge our cars and then again across the rivers and home....

The above is an excerpt of a letter written not by some young person- or middle aged person- it was written by my father who will be 80 years old this year. 
(first pic) my dad and a Finnish girl (she and her husband requested to live a month with my parents just to follow them around in whatever they did and wherever they went). (second pic) my dad in one of the interior villages.



 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Anjuli,

    My name is Bharath Reddy Punuru. I was looking at your website and wanted to find out if it would be possible to advertise with you. I would be willing to pay you a monthly fee just to have a link to my website in your blog roll. No need for a banner ad or anything just a link to my site in your blog roll. I don’t know if you are accepting advertisers but basically I would be happy to pay just for a link.

    Please let me know if you have any questions as I assure you I am a serious and would very much like to do business with you.


    Thank you very much,

    Bharath Reddy Punuru

    Please Email me:
    workforpeter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anjuli,
    I came to your site through Nisha's.
    My god...your dad sure has a lot of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vamsee-

    Thank you so much for stopping by! I've just glanced at your blog and am dying to jump into it to explore more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hats off to your dad. he's a tough cookie :). god bless and touch wood

    ReplyDelete

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...