Friday, February 10, 2012

Feature Friday- Gladys Aylward

There has been many a book written about this 'small' woman. There even was a Hollywood movie done about her life, which she later wished she had not allowed to go forward. Those involved with the movie took artistic license and changed the story. 


So what was her real story? A domestic worker who failed to get into a formal mission sending board. A woman who just was willing to go wherever God wanted her to go. Finally, she took her entire life's savings and bought herself a ticket to China. This 'insignificant' woman ended up touching many lives. 


 Gladys Aylward once said, " I wasn't God's first choice for what I've done for China. I don't know who it was. It must have been a man--a well educated man...I don't know what happened. Perhaps he died. Perhaps he wasn't willing. And God looked down...and saw Gladys Aylward, and God said, 'Well, she's willing.'" 

I, personally, think she was definitely God's first choice for all she put her hand to in China. Her willingness to do whatever needed to be done made her a powerful woman. As I said, there are many books written about her life, but I think the best one is, "The Little Woman" 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for educating me on Gladys Aylward...I had not heard of her until now but she sounds like an amazingly inspirational lady.

    I'm definitely going to check out this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think any book about her would be good- you can also get ahold of the hollywood movie about her life (however, as I said, a lot of artistic license was used in the making of the film so there are parts which are not totally accurate.)

      Delete
  2. Wow, I have not heard of her.. Will check out her book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like the book if you check it out.

      Delete
  3. great blog!!! following you now..

    visit my blog too...

    http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/

    kissses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit- I did visit your blog.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Definitely would recommend it- if only to see what a simple woman is able to do when making herself available.

      Delete

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...