Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wild Wednesday- Crutches vs. Wings


I was reminded of something I heard years ago..."Lord, why should we ask for crutches when we can ask for wings..."   Too often in life, I seek out crutches rather than wings. I  'settle' for the mundane rather than strive for the fantastic. I am more comfortable with that which will just get me by, rather than shoot for what will cause me to soar.

These past few days have been extremely busy.... Have you had days which seem like a torrential rain is coming down and no matter where you go you can't find cover? A dozen calls coming in all at the same time-- people needing you---bills to be paid---appointments to keep (appointments upon appointments). 

You turn to the left and there are things to handle- you turn to the right and there are more things to handle...phew! There has been the temptation to reach for the crutches rather than to rise up with wings of an eagle. I took short cuts rather than getting down on my face before God and allowing HIM to give me the necessary strength I need. As He says, "Be still and know that I am God..." (Ps. 46:10)


So I have just a few moments before my next appointment...I have worship music on...and I am marinating in the music. There has been enough hurry and flurry for a life time. Even my times with the Father have been rushed because I feel as though there is so much to do. Now, just for a few moments, it is time to rest...time to wait upon God and allow Him to renew my strength...time to allow Him the chance to cause me to mount up with wings as an eagle so that I can run and not be weary and to walk and not faint.
 
Lord, here are my crutches, I'd like to exchange them for wings.                                                                                                                                              

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Trading my crutches for wings! Woo Hoo! No more crutches for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice thought Anjuli! I too like wings:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very motivating. and this line was beautiful -> 'I have worship music on...and I am marinating in the music'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny- just got back from reading your latest post- you turned a loss into something very important to ponder and helped all of your readers to THINK! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful thought! Exchange crutches for wings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is what I needed..exact words where I am in now Ms.Anjuli..thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went back and read your HIS DIVINE LIGHT...so beautiful!

      Delete
  6. what a thought Anjuli...!!

    i wish for wings too!! no more crutches for me!! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment- because it is reminding once again to reach for the wings and not go for the crutches!!

      Delete
  7. It was YOU I think who first told me that saying...not sure where you got it from...but I have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sky is the limit, just ask for it and know that you will get there, never limit your self, ask for the ocean, not just go with a bucket or a small glass.
    We can change our mindset, it is totally up to us to do it.
    enjoy the flying without crutches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, our minds often limit us-- we can do almost anything if we would not be our own worst enemy

      Delete
  9. The Thought of Flying itself is sooooo very encouraging... hmmm yes some times life pushes us to an extent which keeps us so busy even breathing becomes overhead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to use each circumstance to move us forward rather than hinder us from doing things.

      Delete

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...