Saturday, March 12, 2011

8.9

The news hit and sent me reeling, an 8.9 earthquake shook Japan. The aftermath of a tsunami is unbelievable. So many people who woke up one day thinking their life would be the same as it was the day before, and with one big shake and one big wave things changed. 

My heart goes out to everyone who has lost loved ones. All my friends in Japan are now struggling with a lack of gas, electricity and even running low on water. How helpless I feel being so far away. I keep praying...and praying...and praying. 

The Japanese are a resilient people. I know they will get through this tragedy; however, my heart breaks for the devastation and the loss they have endured. I will continue to pray.

2 comments:

  1. The damage and destruction from the earthquake and tsunami in Japan looks massive! I hope the United States and other countries make substantial contributions to the relief efforts there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As all countries come together to do what Japan asks them to do- their efforts will be effective.

    Was surprised to get your comment as I had thought I had this blog on 'hidden' mode. Apparently, I'm not very computer savvy. :)

    ReplyDelete

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...