Monday, June 13, 2011

The Hurrier I go...the Behinder....

Every day I think..."maybe next week will be less busy." ...and then next week comes....and I am just as busy. :) So I sit and think, "What am I actually busy doing?" I think I am busy just being busy-- listening to people, attempting to be organized, working on projects, squeezing in family time, and occasionally blogging.

My daily planner looks like Picasso painted across the pages- you know those shows where someone is murdered and the detectives come in to look through the victim's things? I've always wondered what a detective would do with
my daily planner- they would need a deciphering code to figure out what all the scribbles are about. I even have some of my notations in my own special code- I invented it years ago and tend to use it when I don't want anyone to know what I'm writing.

The detectives should not even bother to look for a pda or at the calendar on my phone- because I've always stuck with the old fashioned written daily planners. I tried the pda for awhile (a few years ago) - I would forget to check the updates and I missed appointments. Hmmm...now that I'm thinking about it, I even have missed appointments with my hand scribbled daily planner. Oh well, I guess the next entry needs to be:

June 13th 2011- try not to be so busy being busy!! :)

10 comments:

  1. Haha. Try not to be busy being busy..Just loved it :)))) My schedule these days is not too bad. I have all tools but so far I remember all my appointments :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...u remind me of me. my to-do list just doesnt seem to end. every weekend i think i will tackle them all but....get caught up with some much older tasks! sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I can definitely relate. I manage to stay just busy enough to avoid doing the things I don't want to do. LOL Thanks for this!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Anjuli -- I hope you're not too busy to stop by my blog and enter a giveaway contest. I have a oopy of the Margaret Mitchell & John Marsh Love Story that you commented on to give away. Come on over and enter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A, Limenlemons, Deb - at least I know I'm not the only one who is too busy :) hah- looks like this is a common theme.

    Joanne - I just went over to your blog and commented in an effort to win!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anjuli - If it weren't for Outlook and the reminders I set up for myself, I wouldn't know what I'm supposed to be doing because I get lost in some busyness. But I've also realized that with a family of five there is invariably always going to be busyness. It's just the way it is. Even if I'm trying to have a quiet day, someone else surely isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Annette- Isn't that the truth- even if we are having a quiet day- someone surely isn't- I love that!!! ...it is, after all, the story of my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not have a solution for this challenge. I face it as well. With the cell phone, the laptop, the calendar on my wall and one on my desk, there are far too many ways to calendar a life these days. To me that means too many ways to forget you were supposed to be somewhere. Ugh! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Bike lady- you are too right!!! "Oh how can I forget my plans for the day...let me count the way" :)...or in my case right now, "How can I avoid what I'm supposed to do...let me count the ways...oh let's read blogs for awhile" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha ha.. Try not to be busy being busy.. Just loved it.
    I too have so many lists of to do on different modes and they keep increasing.
    I wish I could go as per Bike Lady's advice. :P

    ReplyDelete

And time marches on

 Time doesn't wait for any person. One minute you are in 2018 and the next thing you know, 6 years have passed and you are in 2024! Of c...